Coaching, Consulting and Feasibility Studies
The services offered range from consulting to the complete assumption of development tasks for customer-specific products (customizing) - in order to accelerate the processes from planning to implementation at the customer.
The focus is on reprogrammable FPGA technology, for which Basler has built up specialized know-how by developing its own graphical development environment (VisualApplets ) for hardware programming. This allows project goals to be achieved faster, more efficiently and thus also more economically.
The practice-oriented workshops in small groups provide basic knowledge, advanced know-how and/or expert-level knowledge in a short time, depending on the participants' previous knowledge levels. They gain important experience for independent use in their projects.
- Basic training for beginners (one day); learning goal is to create basic VisualApplets designs independently
- Workshops for advanced learners (one or more days); learning objective is to acquire specific know-how on the basis of concrete questions
- Focus workshops on special topics (one or more days)
The coaching is focused on a customer project and includes both consulting and development services by an application engineer at the project kick start. On this basis, developments can be continued by the client or implemented through development contracts.
- Support for concrete design and implementation tasks
- Often on customer site with development team
- Duration depends on project complexity, usually several days
- Result is normally a proof-of-concept design
If the feasibility of a project is difficult to assess, the feasibility study determines to what extent, by what means and in what time a (partial) solution can be implemented.
- Analysis of complex projects on the basis of a specification
- Economic feasibility and cost, technical implementation and duration
- The result is a detailed report
- Outline of possible future steps
- When and which resources are needed
- Platform recommendations
- Assessment of performance
Design Review is a special offer for experienced VisualApplets customers to review their VisualApplets designs.
- Extend the understanding of experienced VisualApplets customers
- Based on an existing project, with focus on VisualApplets or Runtime/SDK related questions
- Mostly in remote sessions
If there is a need to extend or adapt the hardware and software solutions to customer-specific requirements, this can be done in-house or Basler can be commissioned. The functional extensions or modifications enable individualization of the hardware and thus unique selling points, which increases competitiveness.
- Evaluation of the implementation of already developed software functions in hardware or special algorithmic requirements
- On the basis of a detailed specification Basler creates an executable VisualApplets design as a prototype or even a productive applet
- Customers are enabled to carry out further development independently
- Saving of own development resources by customers
- Shorter development times and reduced development risk