Traffic safety laws are not easy to enforce. Drivers dominate the streets, and the safety of unprotected traffic participants such as pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists are often endangered. Enforcement solutions exist not just to catch offenders, but also to raise public awareness about rules and promote greater compliance with road safety standards and regulations. The uppermost goal is always to prevent serious traffic accidents and to save lives.
Detailed image and video material are mandatory for use as legally admissible evidence. For this reason, red light enforcement systems with multiple cameras for example are used to document the violation gaplessly, with a separate individual image for the license plate and driver, as well as an accompanying video stream.
Typical areas of application include:
- Speed enforcement
- Red light enforcement
- Illegal use of bus and carpool lanes
- Illegal lane shifts
- Passing of stopped school buses
Camera series suitable for use in Enforcement applications
Basler ace 2: Tailored to different vision needs
- The next ace generation: State-of-the-art CMOS sensors, optimized hardware design and improved image quality
- Two product lines, tailored to different vision needs - ace 2 Basic and ace 2 Pro
- ace 2 Basic: proven Basler reliability with extensive computer vision feature set for standard machine vision applications
- ace 2 Pro: including unique features such as Pixel Beyond, Compression Beyond and PGI for maximum performance
Basler ace: Compact and flexible
- High-sensitivity sensors with various resolutions
- Monochrome, color or NIR variants with global shutter
- Multiple AOIs (Areas of Interest)
- Different image settings through Sequencer Acquisition Mode
Basler boost: CXP-12 for high frame rates & resolutions
- Very high bandwidth: At up to 12.5 Gbps per cable, it is currently one of the fastest interfaces on the market
- Generous cable lengths: Up to 40 m with a max. bandwidth of 12.5 Gbps with data transmission and power supply via just one coaxial cable
- Excellent image quality with Sony Pregius sensors IMX255 (9 MP) and IMX253 (12 MP)
- Standardized cable connection: Micro-BNC (HD-BNC)
- Reduction of system complexity and costs
Basler IP cameras: Full HD resolution and Sony IMX174 sensor
- Multi-streaming (MJPEG/MPEG-4/H.264)
- Real-time trigger for parallel capture of individual still images (MJPEG/YUV) and videos
- Global shutter
- High sensitivity
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your Enforcement application. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.