Automatic Number Plate Recognition
ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) / LPR (License Plate Recognition) is a versatile technology that is currently used in many different traffic applications. This includes for example access control systems, high-speed applications such as free flow tolling and enforcement and dragnet investigation. Industrial cameras are most typically used because of their real-time compatibility. When outfitted with the proper sensor, they offer the necessary sensitivity to capture high quality images during short exposure times.
Certain regional peculiarities are crucial here, such as the size of the number plates; in Europe a horizontal resolution of 800 x 1000 pixels per lane is recommended. This grows to 1600 x 2000 pixels per lane for the USA, Middle East and China. In addition, depending on the number plate properties a monochrome camera variant with IR light support is preferred in Europe, while a color variant with white light support is helpful in the Middle East and China.
Camera series suitable for use in ANPR applications
Basler ace: Compact and flexible
- High-sensitivity sensors with various resolutions
- Monochrome, color or NIR variants with global shutter
- Multiple AOIs (Areas of Interest)
- Different image settings through Sequencer Acquisition Mode
Basler dart: Small, Flexible and 100% Compliant with USB3 Vision
- Small housing for highly integrated solutions
- 3 variants S-mount, CS-mount and bare board
- Low CPU load thanks to USB3 Vision
- Outstanding price/performance ratio
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your ANPR application. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.