Europe, Middle East, Africa
Basler Technical Support
Your request cart is currently empty. Please add at least one product to send a quote request. If you would like to send a message directly to our sales team, please use this form.Request Cart
- Acquisition Cards
- Network & Peripheral Devices
- pylon Camera Software Suite
- Other software
- Embedded Vision Portfolio
- Medical & Life Sciences Portfolio
- CoaXPress Product Portfolio
- Computer Vision Tasks
- Factory Automation
- Medical & Life Sciences
- Vision-guided Robotics
- Warehouse Automation
- Further Applications
- Embedded Vision
Medical & Life Sciences
- Certification & Commitment to Quality
- Things to Know
Sales & Support
- Support Contact
- Knowledge Base
- Aftersales Services
- Basler Product Documentation
- Frame Grabber Services
- Comparison between Sony's IMX CMOS sensor series
- Why should I color calibrate my camera?
- Expert Tips to Find the Right Lens for a Vision System
- Expert Tips for Embedded Vision Systems
- What Is Multispectral Imaging?
- Comparison of CMOS cameras
- Color in Image Processing
- Processing Boards in Embedded Vision
- What Is Image Processing
- 3D Technologies in Image Processing
- What Is Embedded Vision
- Why CMOS Image Sensors?
- What Is Time of Flight?
- What Is Image Quality?
- Camera Sizes
- How does a Digital Camera Work?
- CMOS vs. CCD: Sensor Technology
- Real-Time Capability
- NIR: Seeing Clearly Even in Low Light
- High-Sensitivity Industrial Cameras
- Interfaces and Standards
Markets and Applications
- Cameras for Fluorescence Microscopy
- What Is the Role of Computer Vision for Industry 4.0?
- What Is Deep Learning?
- Robots with Vision Technology
- Blockchain for IoT Sensor Producers
- How will IoT change retail?
- How Do Machines Learn?
- IoT Applications in the Smart City
- Benefits of Cameras in Medicine
- Lab Automation with Vision
- Medicine with Vision
- Image Processing in Industry 4.0
- Machine Vision
- Automated Optical Inspection
- Color Calibration in Medical Technology
Vision Systems and Components
- Software in Image Processing
- Image Pre-processing Strengthens and Streamlines Image Processing Systems
- How to Find the Right Lighting for Your Vision System?
- What is a Machine Vision SDK
- How Can I Find the Right Lens?
- Components of a Vision System
- Cutting Through the Noise: Camera Selection
- Image Processing Systems — The Basics
- Camera Technology
- About Us
- Social Responsibility
- Financial Information
- Financial Calendar
- Annual General Meeting
- Corporate Governance
- Contact Investor Relations
- News / Press
Computer Vision HardwareCameras Lenses Lighting Acquisition Cards Cables Accessories Network & Peripheral DevicesComputer Vision Softwarepylon Camera Software Suite VisualApplets Other softwarePortfoliosEmbedded Vision Portfolio Medical & Life Sciences Portfolio CoaXPress Product PortfolioCamerasArea Scan Cameras Line Scan Cameras 3D Cameras CoaXPress 2.0-Cameras Customized Basler CamerasArea Scan CamerasBasler ace 2 Basler ace Basler MED ace Basler boost Basler beat Basler dart Basler pulse Basler scoutBasler aceNew ace featuresLine Scan CamerasBasler racerBasler racerBasler racer - the right choiceBasler blazeblaze FAQ Use Case: 3D image processing for object inspection Basler blaze Software Use Case: Time-of-Flight Technology Meets Labeling Robot Use-Case-Kine-RoboticsBasler Stereo CameraQuote Basler Stereo CamerasLensesFixed Focal LensesAcquisition CardsUSB 3.0 Interface Cards GigE Interface Cards CXP-12 Interface Cards imaWorx microEnable 5 marathon microEnable 5 ironmanpylon Camera Software Suitepylon Open Source Projects pylon Data FAQ pylon Drivers & GenTL pylon SDKs pylon ViewerOther softwareBasler blaze Software Frame Grabber Software Basler Microscopy Software Basler Video Recording Software Basler Application Software for Robotics drag&bot Robotics SoftwareEmbedded Vision PortfolioCameras for Embedded Vision Basler's Embedded Vision Kits AI Vision Solution Kits pylon Software for Embedded Vision Components for Embedded Vision
MarketsFactory Automation Medical & Life Sciences Vision-guided Robotics Warehouse Automation Further ApplicationsFactory AutomationAutomotive Electronics & Semiconductors Photovoltaics Food & Beverages Pharma & Healthcare Products Printing & Webbed MaterialsFurther ApplicationsSport & Entertainment Security and Surveillance Agriculture Retail Traffic & TransportationRetailATMs / VTMs Check-Out Systems Reverse Vending Machines Vending Machines Recognition/Biometrics People Counting, Tracking & Profiling Shelf InspectionTraffic & TransportationANPR Enforcement Tolling In-Vehicle Monitoring and Transportation Rail and RoadEmbedded VisionEmbedded Vision Portfolio Embedded Vision Services Embedded Vision Ecosystem & SupportEmbedded Vision PortfolioCameras for Embedded Vision Embedded Vision Kits Software for Embedded Vision Embedded Vision for NVIDIA Embedded Vision for NXPPortfolioComputer Vision Solutions for Medical & Life Sciences MED ace Series pylon Software for Medical & Life Sciences Components for Medical & Life Sciences boost Series for Medical & Life Sciences dart Series for Medical & Life Sciences PowerPack for Microscopy
Sales & Support
Sales & SupportSales Support Contact Knowledge Base Aftersales Services Basler Product Documentation Frame Grabber Services ToolsKnowledge BaseThe Sony Pregius S Sensors Deep Learning ICX618 Replacement IoT and IIoT / Industry 4.0 CoaXPress 2.0 – Interface Comparison PGI-Feature-Set EMVA1288 Standard OPC UA Frequently Asked Questions Basler blaze - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Vision CampusCamera Technology Interfaces and Standards Markets and Applications Vision Systems and ComponentsCamera TechnologyComparison between Sony's IMX CMOS sensor series Why should I color calibrate my camera? Expert Tips to Find the Right Lens for a Vision System Expert Tips for Embedded Vision Systems What Is Multispectral Imaging? Comparison of CMOS cameras Color in Image Processing Processing Boards in Embedded Vision What Is Image Processing 3D Technologies in Image Processing What Is Embedded Vision Why CMOS Image Sensors? What Is Time of Flight? What Is Image Quality? Camera Sizes How does a Digital Camera Work? CMOS vs. CCD: Sensor Technology Real-Time Capability NIR: Seeing Clearly Even in Low Light High-Sensitivity Industrial CamerasShow moreShow lessInterfaces and StandardsSystem Setup with CoaXPress 2.0 What Is CoaXPress? Which interface for Embedded Vision? Multi-Camera Systems with GigE 2.0 USB 3.0 – Interface of the Future What Is an Interface? Camera Link Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) GenICam Standard USB 3.0 and USB3 VisionMarkets and ApplicationsCameras for Fluorescence Microscopy What Is the Role of Computer Vision for Industry 4.0? What Is Deep Learning? Robots with Vision Technology Blockchain for IoT Sensor Producers How will IoT change retail? How Do Machines Learn? IoT Applications in the Smart City Benefits of Cameras in Medicine Lab Automation with Vision Medicine with Vision Image Processing in Industry 4.0 Machine Vision Automated Optical Inspection Color Calibration in Medical TechnologyShow moreShow lessVision Systems and ComponentsSoftware in Image Processing Image Pre-processing Strengthens and Streamlines Image Processing Systems How to Find the Right Lighting for Your Vision System? What is a Machine Vision SDK Lighting How Can I Find the Right Lens? Components of a Vision System Cutting Through the Noise: Camera Selection Image Processing Systems — The Basics
Social ResponsibilityCareer and Family Health Management HanseBelt Initiative Promoting Young Talents Environmental PoliciesInvestorsShare Financial Information Financial Calendar Annual General Meeting Corporate Governance Contact Investor Relations SustainabilityShareCurrent Price Information Basic Data Shareholder Structure Analysts Recommendations Share Buyback Program Dividend PolicyFinancial InformationAd Hoc Disclosures Corporate News Financial Reports Voting Rights Presentations Equity StoryEquity StoryBusiness ModelCorporate GovernanceDeclaration of Compliance Management Board Supervisory Board Director's Dealings Auditors Articles of Association Remuneration ReportTrainingBusiness Informatics Electronics Engineers for Devices and Systems Industrial Engineering Kaufleute für Marketingkommunikation Technical Informatics Digital Business E-CommerceEventsBasler at trade shows
Reverse Vending Machines
Reverse vending machines in supermarkets are mostly used to accept empty containers. The empty containers, for example, a returnable bottle or drink box, are placed in the machine, weighed, and scanned. At the push of a button the customer then receives a receipt with the deposit value that is then paid out at the supermarket cash register. The accepted empty container can be sorted automatically into divided containers according to criteria such as material or color.
Further examples for reverse vending machines are vending machines for book and media returns in lending libraries.
As integral parts of these machines, digital cameras must provide good image quality and high resolution for the identification of goods.
Are you in search of an appropriate camera for your application? Basler offers:
- Outstanding price/performance ratio
- Long-term availability
- Cameras and lenses from one source
- Highest stability and flexibility
- Worldwide service and support
- 3-year warranty
Typical areas of use for cameras are:
- Recognition of the bottle form
- Recognition of the labels on products to be returned
Reverse Vending Machines
Basler ace 2: Tailored to different vision needs
- The next ace generation: State-of-the-art CMOS sensors, optimized hardware design and improved image quality
- Two product lines, tailored to different vision needs - ace 2 Basic and ace 2 Pro
- ace 2 Basic: proven Basler reliability with extensive computer vision feature set for standard machine vision applications
- ace 2 Pro: including unique features such as Pixel Beyond, Compression Beyond and PGI for maximum performance
Basler dart: Huge performance – tiny price
- Compact housing that is easy to integrate into systems
- Also available in board level variant
- For Windows, Linux, and ARM-based platforms
- Long-term availability (more than 3 years) and 3-year warranty
We'll work together with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your application involving reverse vending machines. Have more questions? We would be glad to help you.