A growing number of cameras are being used to assist police investigations by providing images for in-vehicle applications. This includes recording of license plates from passing vehicles, detected using LPR algorithms and compared against a database of criminal activity associated with those license plates.
Outfitted with a convenient USB 3.0 interface and tripod threads, cameras like the Basler pulse are easily connected to existing computers in police vehicles. LPR software already available freely on the market adds up to a highly cost-efficient after-market solution. If parallel video recording is required, then the IP camera line offers an attractive alternative. For a highly integrated in-vehicle solution (such as within police light bars), the Basler dart (a board-level cameras) is an optimal choice.
Camera series suitable for use in in-vehicle applications
Basler pulse: Compact, small and light
- Simple integration within the vehicle
- Suitable for after-market installation
- Low CPU load
- Extraordinary price/performance ratio
Basler dart: Small, Flexible and 100% Compliant with USB3 Vision
- Small housing for highly integrated solutions
- 3 variants S-mount, CS-mount and bare-board
- Low CPU load thanks to USB3 Vision
- Outstanding price/performance ratio
Basler IP cameras: Full HD resolution and Sony IMX174 sensor
- Multi-streaming (MJPEG/MPEG-4/H.264)
- Real-time trigger for parallel capture of individual still images (MJPEG/YUV) and videos
- Global shutter
- High sensitivity
Basler ToF Camera: Cut System Costs with 3D Technology
- Pulsed Time-of-Flight camera
- 8 x 850nm LEDs (optimized for indoor applications)
- VGA resolution for outstanding 3D imaging
- Powerful Machine Vision features
- Excellent price/performance ratio: high-resolution 3D camera in the mid-range price segment
- Multi-part image with 2D and 3D data in one shot
- Simple integration thanks to one component and standard GigE interface
- Use of NIR LEDs protects the human eyes as required in EN 62471:2008
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your In-Vehicle application. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.