Reverse Vending Machines
Reverse vending machines in supermarkets are mostly used to accept empty containers. The empty containers, for example, a returnable bottle or drink box, are placed in the machine, weighed, and scanned. At the push of a button the customer then receives a receipt with the deposit value that is then paid out at the supermarket cash register. The accepted empty container can be sorted automatically into divided containers according to criteria such as material or color.
Further examples for reverse vending machines are vending machines for book and media returns in lending libraries.
As integral parts of these machines, digital cameras must provide good image quality and high resolution for the identification of goods.
Are you in search of an appropriate camera for your application? Basler offers:
- Outstanding price/performance ratio
- Long-term availability
- Cameras and lenses from one source
- Highest stability and flexibility thanks to Machine Vision standards
- Worldwide service and support
- 3-year warranty
Typical areas of use for cameras are:
- Recognition of the bottle form
- Recognition of the labels on products to be returned
Reverse Vending Machines
Basler dart: Huge performance – tiny price
- Compact housing that is easy to integrate into systems
- Also available in board level variant
- For Windows, Linux, and ARM-based platforms
- Long-term availability (more than 3 years) and 3-year warranty
Basler ToF Camera: Cut System Costs with 3D Technology
- Pulsed Time-of-Flight camera
- 8 x 850nm LEDs (optimized for indoor applications)
- VGA resolution for outstanding 3D imaging
- Powerful Machine Vision features
- Excellent price/performance ratio: high-resolution 3D camera in the mid-range price segment
- Multi-part image with 2D and 3D data in one shot
- Simple integration thanks to one component and standard GigE interface
- Use of NIR LEDs protects the human eyes as required in EN 62471:2008
We'll work together with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your application involving reverse vending machines. Have more questions? We would be glad to help you.
We’d Be Glad to Help You
Have a question about our products for your retail application?
Brochure - Retail
Here you can find Basler's brochure for retail applications.
BCON – Basler’s Interface for LVDS
Basler’s unique interface for your LVDS-based embedded vision application.
Enter your criteria and find the right cameras that suit your needs.