Reverse Vending Machines
Reverse vending machines in supermarkets are mostly used to accept empty containers. The empty containers, for example, a returnable bottle or drink box, are placed in the machine, weighed, and scanned. At the push of a button the customer then receives a receipt with the deposit value that is then paid out at the supermarket cash register. The accepted empty container can be sorted automatically into divided containers according to criteria such as material or color.
Further examples for reverse vending machines are vending machines for book and media returns in lending libraries.
As integral parts of these machines, digital cameras must provide good image quality and high resolution for the identification of goods.
Are you in search of an appropriate camera for your application? Basler offers:
- Outstanding price/performance ratio
- Long-term availability
- Cameras and lenses from one source
- Highest stability and flexibility thanks to Machine Vision standards
- Worldwide service and support
- 3-year warranty
Typical areas of use for cameras are:
- Recognition of the bottle form
- Recognition of the labels on products to be returned
Reverse Vending Machines
Basler ace 2: Tailored to different vision needs
- The next ace generation: State-of-the-art CMOS sensors, optimized hardware design and improved image quality
- Two product lines, tailored to different vision needs - ace 2 Basic and ace 2 Pro
- ace 2 Basic: proven Basler reliability with extensive computer vision feature set for standard machine vision applications
- ace 2 Pro: including unique features such as Pixel Beyond, Compression Beyond and PGI for maximum performance
Basler dart: Huge performance – tiny price
- Compact housing that is easy to integrate into systems
- Also available in board level variant
- For Windows, Linux, and ARM-based platforms
- Long-term availability (more than 3 years) and 3-year warranty
We'll work together with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your application involving reverse vending machines. Have more questions? We would be glad to help you.
We’d Be Glad to Help You
Have a question about our products for your retail application?
Brochure - Retail
Here you can find Basler's brochure for retail applications.
BCON – Basler’s Interface for LVDS
Basler’s unique interface for your LVDS-based embedded vision application.
Enter your criteria and find the right cameras that suit your needs.