Rail & Road
Street and rail inspection systems help with timely initiation of maintenance and repair measures. Other applications such as train driver assistance systems and train inspections are intended to promote greater safety, such as by supporting the driver in detecting train signals and for monitoring the technical state of brakes and wheels during normal driving operations.
Tunnels are also submitted to regular safety checks for cracks and other defects. In the past this required manual checks by employees. This process is however highly time and labor intensive and strongly subject to interpretation error. Cameras systems have come to handle this task, providing a more effective and cost-efficient inspection. Line scan cameras are suited for this type of application, as the images can be recorded line-for-line, allowing vehicles to be recorded during peak densities and in some cases rapid passing.
Typical areas of application include:
- Street surface and markings inspection
- Tunnel inspection
- Rail inspection
- Carriage, train and whole wheel inspection
- Pantograph inspection
- Train driver assistance systems
- Vehicle undercarriage inspection
Camera series suitable for use in Rail & Road applications
Basler ace: Compact and flexible
- High-sensitivity sensors with various resolutions
- Monochrome, color or NIR variants with global shutter
- Multiple AOIs (Areas of Interest)
- Different image settings through Sequencer Acquisition Mode
Basler IP cameras: Full HD resolution and Sony IMX174 sensor
- Multi-streaming (MJPEG/MPEG-4/H.264)
- Real-time trigger for parallel capture of individual still images (MJPEG/YUV) and videos
- Global shutter
- High sensitivity
Basler beat: High-resolution camera with ultra-sensitive CMOS sensor and high speed interface for high frame rates
- High-resolution 12 MP sensor
- Compact and robust housing for simple integration
- Capable of covering multiple lanes with just one camera
Basler racer: Extraordinary performance and small footprint for multi-camera set-ups
- Resolutions: 2k, 4k, 6k, 8k and 12k
- Max. line rate of 80 kHz via Camera Link
- Max. line rate of 51 kHz via GigE
- Low energy consumption and heat generation
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your rail & road application. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.