Monitoring & Transportation
The field of monitoring is known for being particularly broad, and so is the range of solutions and camera requirements. Monitoring systems are most frequently tasked with monitoring traffic flows, detecting accidents to ensure rapid reaction by the authorities and synchronized switching of traffic lights to promote a smooth traffic flow.
Cameras also support with the identification and filling of rail cars. The automation of these control system processes plays a huge role for the manufacturing industry. The numbers on the railroad cars allow for a unique identification and assignment. The data is combined with the results of a weighing system to determine the consumed raw materials and fill level, allowing for clear, fully automated identification of the individual railroad cars and tanks.
Typical areas of application include:
- Traffic monitoring (traffic flow, weather)
- Accident detection systems
- Weigh in Motion (incl. LPR)
- Cargo Tracking (OCR – Optical Character Recognition)
- Vehicle identification
Camera series suitable for use in Monitoring and Transportation applications
Basler IP cameras: Full HD resolution and Sony IMX174 sensor
- Multi-streaming (MJPEG/MPEG-4/H.264)
- Real-time trigger for parallel capture of individual still images (MJPEG/YUV) and videos
- Global shutter
- High sensitivity
Basler ToF Camera: Cut System Costs with 3D Technology
- Pulsed Time-of-Flight camera
- 8 x 850nm LEDs (optimized for indoor applications)
- VGA resolution for outstanding 3D imaging
- Powerful Machine Vision features
- Excellent price/performance ratio: high-resolution 3D camera in the mid-range price segment
- Multi-part image with 2D and 3D data in one shot
- Simple integration thanks to one component and standard GigE interface
- Use of NIR LEDs protects the human eyes as required in EN 62471:2008
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your Monitoring & Transportation applications. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.