Many tolling systems work with transponder technology. Both RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) and DSRC (Dedicated Short Range Communication) have grown into standard technologies for electronic tolling, and are used worldwide to great popularity. Regardless of their specific tasks, all of these systems have one thing in common: they all require camera for security reasons and to identify toll evaders.
The Basler ace played no small role in making industrial cameras solutions for vertical economically attractive outside the industrial sector. For this reason, modern tolling systems are generally built around ANPR ( Automatic Number Plate Recognition). Camera-based ANPR is capable of replacing manual review of video material. In several projects, ANPR has even completely replaced transponder technology for vehicle identification.
Typical areas of application include:
- Free Flow Tolling
- City Tolling
- Access controls
Camera series suitable for use in tolling applications
Basler ace: Compact and flexible
- High-sensitivity sensors with various resolutions
- Monochrome, color or NIR variants with global shutter
- Multiple AOIs (Areas of Interest)
- Different image settings through Sequencer Acquisition Mode
Basler IP cameras: Full HD resolution and Sony IMX174 sensor
- Multi-streaming (MJPEG/MPEG-4/H.264)
- Real-time trigger for parallel capture of individual still images (MJPEG/YUV) and videos
- Global shutter
- High sensitivity
Basler ToF Camera: Cut System Costs with 3D Technology
- Pulsed Time-of-Flight camera
- 8 x 850nm LEDs (optimized for indoor applications)
- VGA resolution for outstanding 3D imaging
- Powerful Machine Vision features
- Excellent price/performance ratio: high-resolution 3D camera in the mid-range price segment
- Multi-part image with 2D and 3D data in one shot
- Simple integration thanks to one component and standard GigE interface
- Use of NIR LEDs protects the human eyes as required in EN 62471:2008
We'll work with you to find a suitable Basler camera for your Tolling application. Would you like to know more?
We would be pleased to assist you.