Migrating from a low resolution CCD camera to our newer low resolution CMOS ace camera
Document number: AW001500
This application note describes what to consider when you need to change from a low resolution CCD camera to a new Basler low resolution CMOS camera. It gives an overview about CCD-based technology and CMOS-based technology and a comparison between the two technologies.
The document shows the benefits of migrating to the Basler low resolution ace camera concerning the following aspects:
- Image quality, optics, mechanics, and interface
- Advantages of the low resolution ace cameras with CMOS sensors (IMX 273 and IMX 287) due to new features:
- Ultra short exposure time
- Easy adaptation of your software application
- Basler PGI feature set (demosaicing, color anti-aliasing, sharpness enhancement, noise reduction)
- Standard GigE and USB interfaces
The guide includes two practical examples what to observe when changing to a low resolution CMOS camera.
Download now for free
Please click on the following link to start your download.