How to Build Basler pylon C++ Applications with Free Microsoft Visual Studio
Document number: AW000644
This application note describes how to build Basler pylon based C++ applications using free Microsoft Visual Studio. That will enable users of the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite to build their own C++ applications without the need to purchase an integrated development environment (IDE).
The following two free Microsoft Visual Studio tools are applicable to build pylon based C++ applications:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop
- Microsoft Visual Studio Community
- Choose the tool that best suits your needs.
In a step-by-step tutorial, you will learn how to build powerful Windows pylon applications. These steps include how to:
- Install the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite SDK
- Install the desired free Microsoft Visual Studio tool
- Prepare the C++ projects
- Run the project