Interfacing Basler GigE Cameras with Cognex VisionPro 7.2
This application describes the requirements and necessary adjustments for using a Basler GigE Vision camera with Cognex VisionPro 7.2 software.
The following issues are covered:
- Hardware requirements PC with GigE network adapter, preferably with Intel PRO 1000 chipset, GigE cable of Cat 6 or higher)
- Network adapter configuration for maximum bandwidth and initial camera detection via auto-IP addressing
- IP address configuration to set network adapter and camera to mutually compatible static IP addresses
- Configuring the GigE network adapter’s firewall to unblock certain UDP ports to allow data exchange with a connected camera
- How to use the Cognex GigE Vision Configuration Tool
- Testing the interface between Cognex VisionPro and the GigE camera with the VisionPro Quickbuild application.