Unique in the Market: 1:1 Replacement for Cameras Featuring Sony's ICX618 CCD Sensor
The discontinuation of the Sony ICX618 CCD sensor, which has been very popular in the market, poses a challenge for many users, as there has been no equivalent alternative for cameras with this sensor. To make it easier for customers to switch from CCD to CMOS and to offer a lean solution for this frequently used sensor, Basler is now introducing the market’s first 1:1 replacement camera with the same properties as the ICX618 sensor.
The new ace U (acA640-121gm) has the same optical format, resolution, speed and pixel size as the cameras that feature the popular but discontinued Sony ICX618 sensor. The model is available as a monochrome camera with GigE interface, offers VGA resolution and delivers up to 130 frames per second. Design-in samples are planned for Q4 2018.
Advantages of the 1:1 Replacement Camera:
- Basler's new, patent-pending algorithm allows the sensor characteristics of the Sony ICX618 to be reproduced 1:1 without distorting the EMVA values of the camera.
- The new ace U (acA640-121gm) behaves optically exactly like the ace classic acA640-120gm based on the CCD sensor ICX618.
- With identical exposure scenarios, the new ace U delivers comparable gray values; at the same working distance, it delivers the same image detail and the same resolution.
- Users can retain their optical design or system and thus reduce costs.
- Outstanding image quality thanks to CMOS sensors from Sony's second Pregius generation.
Would you like to learn more about the unique 1:1 replacement camera? Please visit our website: baslerweb.com/icx618-replacement