Sustainability Manager (m/f/d)
- Basler AG
- Ahrensburg, An der Strusbek 62
- Work experience
- Quality Management, Quality Assurance
- Full/part time
Starting immediately, Full-time with 40 hours peer week or part tim with min. 30 hour per week
Basler is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
As a growing company, we are fully committed to embracing our responsibilities with regard to sustainability. In line with our strategic ambitions and corporate goals, we are looking to implement a company-wide sustainability strategy. Ultimately, it is to serve as the basis for a uniform system that supports sustainable corporate management, taking into account environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- In your role as Sustainability Manager (m/f/d), you will work independently on the conceptual development and continuous refinement of these goals. In this context, you will work in close coordination with your line manager and the board of directors.
- You will be the central point of contact for all sustainability issues within the company. The associated tasks will be as follows:
- Analyze and assess the legal and political framework as well as stakeholder requirements regarding sustainability.
- Draw up documents for subsequent decision-making with regard to the selection and implementation of a suitable sustainability framework, e.g., GRI.
- Implement, coordinate, and refine the environmental management system (EMAS), including responsibility for the associated internal and external audits.
- Design a KPI system to measure and assess sustainability aspects and support the board of directors in modifying the KPI system for the purpose of managing sustainability aspects more effectively.
- Develop and coordinate specific measures in support of compliance with legal requirements and improve sustainability aspects in close coordination with the management team.
- Prepare an annual sustainability report.
- As the driving force behind sustainability at Basler, you will also play a pivotal role in the following areas
- Conduct workshops and perform training for managers and staff.
- Represent Basler with regard to sustainability, both in public and as a member of specialist committees and bodies.
- You will already have gained several years of professional experience as a Sustainability Manager in an industrial environment.
- This will be underpinned by a degree in Business, with a focus on Sustainability Management, or comparable practical knowledge and experience.
- You will always be focused on defined goals – working towards them in a results- and solution-oriented way.
- At the same time, we are eager to attract a candidate who thinks and acts in an entrepreneurial manner and is equipped with demonstrable strategic and conceptual skills.
- When it comes to interacting with other departments, your credentials will include well-developed communication skills and the ability to work in a cooperative manner.
- This will be complemented by solid negotiating skills as well as assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- We are looking to attract a candidate who finds it easy to grasp complex issues and give them a clear structure.
- Change is your daily bread and you are aware of the associated complexities. With this in mind, you must be able to team up with those affected by change and involve them as much as possible.
- Finally, a very good command of German and English is essential.
- We have a clear vision of where we are going, but the individual teams decide how to go about it.
- We welcome your fresh view from the outside and cultivate an open culture in which all employees are encouraged to contribute ideas.
- "Work-life balance" is not just an empty phrase at our company: we support our employees in caring for children and the elderly and have been recognized for our commitment by the "Work and Family" audit.
- First-class IT equipment incl. notebook, cell phone, mobile working and a modern workplace.
- Fair payment with internal wage transparency, flexitime account to reduce overtime, 30 days' payed holidays and open communication: on a first-name basis from trainee to board member.
Do you share our passion and ambition? Then send us your application, stating the desired starting date and your salary expectations using our online form.
Would you like to know more about us and your career opportunities at Basler? No problem! Please get in touch with Doerte Meyer by using our conact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Doerte Meyer
- HR Consultant