Strategic Project Procurement (m/f/d)
- Basler AG
- Ahrensburg, An der Strusbek 62
- Work experience
- Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics
Starting immediately, Full-time with 40 hours peer week or part time
Basler is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
- You will play a key role in the product development process. As part of new product development projects, you will interface with the project team and our suppliers – from the point of the initial idea through to the start of production. In this context, you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all procurement plans and activities in line with our global procurement strategy.
- Over the course of the project, your tasks will be as follows:
- Independently carry out supplier visits, assessments, and selection according to project needs. Among other things, this will include quotation and make-or-buy analyses as well as negotiations relating to terms/conditions and contractual agreements.
- Ensure that project objectives are met with regard to costs, deadlines, and quality.
- Clarify technical, logistical, and commercial details along the project chain.
- Harness the innovatory power of suppliers and conduct supplier workshops.
- Furthermore, you will prepare forward-looking analyses of the supplier market for key components, working in close cooperation with product group management and the development departments, the aim being to ensure the sustainable and risk-free selection of parts and suppliers.
- The role will include occasional business travel at an international level.
- You will have at least four years' professional experience in project purchasing or strategic procurement.
- This will be underpinned by a degree in Engineering, Combined Business Administration and Engineering, Business Administration or comparable practical knowledge and experience.
- Your credentials will also include a sound knowledge of contract management and law.
- Knowledge of electronics and assembly (EMS) as well as mechanics would be an advantage.
- At the same time, you will have to be able to express yourself in an effective manner – the perfect foundation when it comes to convincing others of the best approach to take.
- A clear focus on achieving defined goals is essential.
- What is more, you will not be afraid to make decisions.
- As soon as you know what you want, you keep at it until you and your team have reached your goal.
- Teams are colorful, opinions vary – you will take things as they are and add value. At the same time, you will not be afraid to address unpleasant issues.
- Finally, a good command of German and English (also at a negotiating level) is essential.
- We have a clear vision of where we are going, but the individual teams decide how to go about it.
- We welcome your fresh view from the outside and cultivate an open culture in which all employees are encouraged to contribute ideas.
- "Work-life balance" is not just an empty phrase at our company: we support our employees in caring for children and the elderly and have been recognized for our commitment by the "Work and Family" audit.
- First-class IT equipment incl. notebook, cell phone, mobile working and a modern workplace.
- Fair payment with internal wage transparency, 30 days' payed holidays and open communication: on a first-name basis from trainee to board member.
Do you share our passion and ambition? Then send us your application, stating the desired starting date and your salary expectations using our online form.
Would you like to know more about us and your career opportunities at Basler? No problem! Please get in touch with Helle Waldschmidt by using our conact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Helle Waldschmidt
- Team Leader, Employee and Management Services