FPGA Developer (m/f/d) in the sowafte development Life Cycle
- Basler AG
- Ahrensburg, An der Strusbek 62
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Full/part time
Starting immediately, Full-time with 40 hours peer week or part tim with min. 32 hour per week
Basler is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
- As an experienced FPGA Developer, you will join an interdisciplinary team of ten people responsible for refining and updating our industrial camera portfolio.
- You will provide FPGA and firmware engineering support with regard to our serial products over their entire life cycle.
- Furthermore, you will take care of error analysis for customer returns and will maintain a close dialogue with the support team.
- Your responsibilities will also include providing professional assistance when it comes to addressing issues during production or software testing.
- In this role, you will work in close collaboration with our production department and regularly exchange ideas with other FPGA and software teams at the Mannheim and Ahrensburg sites.
- To be considered for this role, you will require a degree or comparable vocational qualifications in the field of Electrical Engineering or Computer Studies.
- This will be complemented by hands-on experience in the field of FPGA and VHDL development. Ideally, you will already have worked with image processing on the FPGA.
- Proficiency in the use of Xilinx Vivado or Intel Quartus is essential.
- You will also have to be able to use simulation software, while knowledge of Synopsys VCS would be a decided advantage.
- In addition, you will display a good knowledge of C / C++ or Python.
- A keen interest in the interaction of FPGAs, software, and hardware is essential. With this in mind, you should possess the ability to look at a product as a whole.
- Troubleshooting: it's your passion. Nothing escapes your eye. And if you do "get stuck" once in a while, you certainly won't be afraid to seek advice from other experts in the team.
- Furthermore, you will be the kind of person who enjoys working at an interdisciplinary level and across multiple locations.
- Finally, you will need a good command of German and English.
- We have a clear vision of where we are going, but the individual teams decide how to go about it.
- We welcome your fresh view from the outside and cultivate an open culture in which all employees are encouraged to contribute ideas.
- "Work-life balance" is not just an empty phrase at our company: we support our employees in caring for children and the elderly and have been recognized for our commitment by the "Work and Family" audit.
- Fair payment with internal wage transparency, flexitime account to reduce overtime, 30 days' payed holidays and open communication: on a first-name basis from trainee to board member.
Do you share our passion and ambition? Then send us your application, stating the desired starting date and your salary expectations using our online form.
Would you like to know more about us and your career opportunities at Basler? No problem! Please get in touch with Andrea Wojciechowski. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Andrea Wojciechowski
- +49 4102 463 669