Embedded Linux Developer (m/f/d)
- Basler AG
- Ahrensburg, An der Strusbek 62
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Full/part time
Starting immediately, Full-time with 40 hours peer week or part tim with min. 30 hour per week
Basler is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
- As a true Linux enthusiast, you will develop userland and kernel mode software for Linux
- Your tasks will include developing Linux Board Support Packages (BSPs) for customized embedded devices with the latest ARM SoCs supplied by various manufacturers
- In this role you will also be responsible for commissioning embedded devices
- As an Embedded Linux Developer, you will work primarily with Yocto, Ubuntu, C/C++, Python, and V4L2
- Your responsibilities will also include maintaining and refining development tools and our continuous integration infrastructure (Jenkins, Docker, Git, Ansible)
- Last but not least, you will adapt kernels and associated device trees
- This position calls for entry-level or advanced experience relating to embedded Linux development
- Your credentials will include a keen interest in large-scale software systems and a passion for embedded platforms such as Nvidia Jetson Nano
- Proficiency in the use of C/C++, git, Bash and Python is essential
- Experience in the field of Device Tree, U-Boot, TFTP, NFS and fastboot and knowledge of standard interfaces (e.g., SPI, I2C, USB) are an advantage
- We would also welcome experience in or a basic understanding of image data processing as well as the development of algorithms for the purpose of improving image quality
- The ability to analyze problems at a fundamental level and find creative solutions to complex issues within a highly motivated team is equally important
- Finally, a very good command of German and English is essential
- Our 8-person team of top-class software developers develops the software stack for the next generation of embedded cameras
- We have a clear vision of where we are going, but the individual teams decide how to go about it.
- We welcome your fresh view from the outside and cultivate an open culture in which all employees are encouraged to contribute ideas.
- "Work-life balance" is not just an empty phrase at our company: we support our employees in caring for children and the elderly and have been recognized for our commitment by the "Work and Family" audit.
- Fair payment with internal wage transparency, flexitime account to reduce overtime, 30 days' payed holidays and open communication: on a first-name basis from trainee to board member.
Do you share our passion and ambition? Then send us your application, stating the desired starting date and your salary expectations using our online form.
Would you like to know more about us and your career opportunities at Basler? No problem! Please get in touch with Doerte Meyer by using our conact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Ms. Julia Börries
- HR Consultant
- +49 4102 463 276