Europa, Mittlerer Osten, Afrika
Nord-, Mittel- und Südamerika
Ihr Anfragewarenkorb ist derzeit leer. Bitte fügen Sie mindestens ein Produkt hinzu, um eine Angebotsanfrage absenden zu können. Falls Sie unserem Vertriebsteam direkt eine Nachricht senden möchten, verwenden Sie bitte dieses Formular.Angebot anfordern
Application Engineer (m/f/d)
- Exton, 855 Springdale Dr Suite 203
- Work experience
- Sales, Key Accounting
Starting immediately, Full-time position
Basler is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
This position is based in our US operation located in Exton, PA. Basler, Inc. is a sales and support organization serving customers in North and South America.
- Guide customers through choosing Basler products and applying them in their use-case.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to qualify new customers and identify their technical needs.
- Troubleshoot customer problems via phone, email, and remote-access tools.
- Capture, prioritize, and address customer cases efficiently.
- Take ownership of customer support cases and follow them through to resolution.
- Escalate cases as needed and collaborate with colleagues in the US and Germany on solutions.
- Debug customer’s source code and write tailored code samples to ease their learning curve.
- Identify cases where a customized product will be needed as a solution.
- Participate in regular conference calls with European & Asian support teams.
- Work closely with Product Management and R&D to ensure new products meet customer needs.
- Test products returned through the Basler RMA process.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences to provide an expert technical presence for Basler.
- Develop support-related training materials and hardware/software tools.
- Contribute to technical marketing projects such as application notes, webinars, training material, etc.
- Recognize and communicate potential new markets and technologies to Product Management.
- Attend local and international Basler Sales/Support Meetings.
- Travel as needed for all of the above
- Follow all company guidelines related to processes, record-keeping and other.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field (Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
- Experience and strong willingness to troubleshoot general PC software and hardware issues. (Specific experience with Ethernet, USB, CameraLink, CoaXPress interfaces is a plus)
- Extensive experience in using Windows and Linux operating systems (MacOS is a plus)
- Experience with writing & debugging C++ code (C,C#, Java, Python also acceptable)
- Strong understanding of electronics concepts and familiarity with circuit analysis & components.
- Experience or education in one or more of the following fields is preferred:
- industrial cameras, machine vision, industrial automation, optics.
- Strong ability to interpret complex technical questions and identify the “need behind the need”.
- Strong ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical personnel.
- Strong ability to react quickly and independently to urgent customer needs.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and grow your skillset.
- Experience with embedded systems and/or industrial automation/robotics is a plus
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, FPGA’s, GPU’s
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks quickly and independently.
- Direct experience with customer service.
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment to seeing long-term projects/problem through to resolution.
- Ability to resolve difficult issues in a professional and efficient manner
- Familiarity with Business-to-Business sales processes and concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate and represent Basler in a professional and positive way.
- Must work as a strong team-player and contribute to the success of Basler as a whole.
- Experience with SAP and/or Salesforce.com is a plus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Would you like to know more about us and your career opportunities at Basler? No problem! Call us +1 (610) 717 5541.We look forward to hearing from you.